Data Protection Notice
1. Your Information
This refers to a combination of information such as your name, contact details, shop location, purchase data that you supply us or is supplied to us (“your information”). Your information is collected when you request information from us, contact us (and vice versa) or register your insurance cover. We only collect such information when you choose to supply it to us. You confirm that you will only enter information about yourself and that such information is true. Should your information change at any time, it will be your responsibility to notify us. We will update your information whenever we can to keep it current, accurate and complete.
2. Our Use of Your Information
(1) For the purpose of providing you with our services, including administrative, statistical and regulatory requirements, including any claim under your dress insurance. We may disclose and process your information to shops, suppliers, insurance providers, company receivers, credit card agencies, fraud prevention agencies and related organisations within or outside the UK/EEA. These service providers will only have access to the personal information needed to perform the relevant service and may not use your personal information provided by us for any other purpose.
(2) Information provided by you may be put onto a register of claims and shared with other insurers to prevent fraudulent claims.
(3) Your information will be deleted from our records after the date of your wedding unless subject to a claim or other regulatory requirement.
3. Your Rights
(1) On written request, you are entitled to a copy of the information we hold about you (enclose a cheque for £10 made out to RBA Ltd to cover our administrative costs) and to correct any inaccuracies. For your protection, we may require proof of your identity before we supply the information to you.
We take the security of your data very seriously. We have taken all reasonable steps and have in place appropriate security measures to protect your information. You acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible for any unauthorised use, distribution, damage or destruction of personal data, except to the extent we are required to accept such responsibility by the data protection laws.
5. Intellectual Property
The term ‘RBA Brides Protection Scheme’ and all contents of the Website, including any software, are protected by copyright, database right and other intellectual property rights. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use or reproduce any trade mark, design right or copyright of ours or of any other third party.
6. Liability Disclaimer
While we try to ensure that all content provided by us is correct no responsibility is accepted by us or on our behalf for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the Website. We take measures to keep the Website free from computer viruses and other malicious programs. However, we cannot accept responsibility for any computer viruses or other malicious programs which are transmitted to your computer as a result of your use of this Website or a third party website. We cannot guarantee the availability of the Website. As with any service over the Internet or mobile network we cannot accept liability for factors over which we have no control. You agree that we may take the Website or Registration Service offline where we consider that this is necessary for routine or emergency maintenance without liability to you. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. We do not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the Website, or Registration Service or any of the content.
All third party suppliers of products, services or content which we link to from the Website or within the Registration Service (which may include our members and their suppliers) are independent entities and we are not responsible or liable for any wrongful act or omission on their part or for any of the content of their websites, including but not limited to any product liability claims. We refer you to the terms and conditions of any third party suppliers.
Any changes to this Policy will be posted on our website and/or made available on request. RBA Ltd version 1.1 January 2012.