STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLES AND DECLARATION
The Retail Bridalwear Association Ltd (RBA Ltd) provides that where a current member of the RBA Ltd receives a deposit or full payment (including money paid on account) under the ‘Brides Assurance Scheme’ (The Scheme) then in the event of that members involuntary cessation of business it will at its discretion endeavour to obtain the bridal gown from the designer and have it delivered to a RBA store (as local as possible to the original store) subject to the terms and conditions.
- The ‘Scheme’ will only consider claims relating directly to the supply of the Bridal Gown and does not include any ancillary wedding party attire or services.
- The ‘Scheme’ covers one Bridal Gown for the one wedding as stipulated at the time the order was placed.
- The RBA Ltd must be notified in writing of a claim within 28 days of the involuntary cessation of its members business.
- The RBA Ltd will only consider a claim made under a legitimate contract with its member and supported by a fully completed and validated online – RBA Ltd ‘Brides Assurance Scheme’ declaration.
- No claim will be considered if either party cancels the contract prior to the involuntary cessation of the members business.
- No claim will be considered where a deposit or any amount paid to the member is covered by that members own insurance or is covered and within the customers own insurance.
- The ‘Scheme’ does not cover any deposit protected by Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
- The ‘Scheme’ does not cover any claim made by a customer relating to any dispute with the RBA Ltd member in respect of delivery, payment or supply of the Bridal Gown.
- Any claim under the ‘Scheme’ must be accompanied by valid receipts and evidence of payment at an RBA member shop together with matching point-of-sale details of customer, goods, payment and date of wedding as registered by the customer online at www.rbaltd.org.uk or other web site as notified from time to time by the RBA Ltd, such online registration having a receipt validated within 21-days (including public holidays) of the shop purchase date.